HyBeacons® are affordable, simple and robust High Definition PCR (HD PCR™) probes labeled with a fluorescent dye. When a probe binds with the target DNA sequence, the level of fluorescence emission from the probe increases considerably, and can be measured through melt curve analysis.
Single HyBeacons probes can be used for multiple targets, making them fast and easy to develop and manufacture.
HyBeacons were developed as new tools for rapid sequence detection and discrimination. They are valuable in a wide variety of applications including infectious disease diagnostics, food testing, animal health testing, and biodefense areas.
To learn more about HyBeacons click here or to order a sample extraction kit, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rapid development cycle
- Single probes for multiple targets
- Can run on standard thermocyclers with melt analysis
- Faster results
- Reduced complexity
- Specific target identification
For the Researcher:
HyBeacons can be quickly developed for specific targets in a customized fashion. Advantages include:
- No complex secondary probe structure
- Probe degradation
- Single probe detects both SNP forms and multiple variants
- Unexpected SNPs don’t cause assay failure
- Related organisms can be tested in same tube using conserved primers and related probe sequences
- Internal positive control runs as competitive PCR
- Proven capability on DNA and RNA targets
How HyBeacons Compare to Other Probes:
For Pathogen Detection:
- High sensitivity
- Very low Level of Detection
- Can detect a single copy
- Detects direct from samples e.g. blood, urine
HyBeacon®and HyBeacons® are registered trademarks of LGC Limited, or its affiliate, and of which Evogen is a licensee.